Composite Bonding: Is This the Treatment You Need?
There are several cosmetic and dental treatments in the market, and it can be quite easy to get confused about which one is right for you. Patients have individual conditions that require specific treatments. Here’s a treatment you may not have heard too much about but which may be just the right one for you.
Composite bonding is one of the lesser-known treatments, yet it is one of the more straightforward ones. It is a minimally invasive treatment, making use of a composite resin that is shaped and moulded onto your teeth. As a result, you get a straighter and brighter smile.
Composite Bonding for Minimal Imperfections
Fresh Dental recommends composite bonding treatment for patients who have minor chips on their teeth. If you think fillings, crowns, veneers or other restorative procedures are treatments you might not need, then composite bonding might be for you.
Composite bonding is often recommended for patients who want to:
- Repair their chipped teeth;
- Fix their broken teeth;
- Close small or wide gaps between their teeth;
- Improve discolouration;
- Change the shape of their teeth;
- Address gum recession;
- Protect exposed tooth root from gum recession; and
- Solve tooth decay.
Before confirming a treatment, visit our practice for a consultation. One of our dental practitioners will assess your teeth and gums to see if composite bonding is what you need to repair minute cracks or dents. Some experts recommend teeth whitening as a pre-treatment to composite bonding so that it’s easier to find a composite resin colour that will match your smile.
The Treatment Process of Composite Bonding
Fresh Dental’s principal dentist, Dr Monik Vasant, spearheads one of the most renowned composite bonding courses for dentists across the UK and abroad called ‘Totally Composite.’ With his help, practitioners at Fresh Dental have expert guidance in performing the treatment for our patients.
These are the stages of the composite bonding treatment:
- Our dentists help you choose the colour of the material that best suits the patient. We carry a wide array of colours from which you can choose your bonding material.
- Once you have chosen the colour, we gently scratch the surface of your damaged tooth and coat it with bonding liquid to help the bonding materials stay put.
- We mould the composite material onto your tooth to form the desired shape. Afterwards, we harden the material with a high-intensity ultraviolet light.
- We do more shaping after the material solidifies. Then we polish it to match the sheen of your natural teeth.
Fresh Dental has been in the industry for almost a decade – we know which treatment best suits your condition. We are in the heart of Bolton also offer cosmetic composite bonding in London. Dr Monik Vasant, our founder, aims to provide minimally invasive procedures that will enhance your smile without compromising your health.To learn more about our services, browse through our website. Feel free to call us on 020 3504 8387 for a free consultation.
To learn more about our services, browse through our website. Feel free to call us on 020 3504 8387 for a free consultation.